1/3/10

Sunday morning - smells, words and sounds

The smells - well, best not to think about them on an empty stomach. As for words and sounds - I just finished the last few sections of Audrey Niffenegger's Her Fearful Symmetry. While listening to bad 90s rock on VH1. As for the book, it creeped me out. Hopefully will be able to write a post about it once I've finished reflecting on it (and who knows how long that will take). But there are connections to Le Fanu and Wilkie Collins that I want to think about and digest.

The African Cup on Nations starts next weekend in Angola and I wish a channel here in India was showing it - but it doesn't look likely. But there are some great perspectives on the tournament and a great year ahead for Africa, football wise, on the Guardian's site. Kanu looks back at his childhood here and Paul Doyle has tipped Ivory Coast to win the ACON.

No comments:

Post a Comment